This winter 2014 Marius Sagen is going to tear down the whole bug and sandblast all the parts. This will be a complete rebuild but the engine will stay original until next winter season.
This is how it looked when i brought it home from the previous owner.
Here are some photos of how it’s going so far.
There was some rust in the floorpan but not much. Left and right front floorpan needed to be changed. It’s back from sandblasting and ready to get some welding done.
Done welding and got a layer of 2k polyurethane epoxy paint. The whole floor pan was painted first with 2k epoxy zink primer.
The chassis is delivered to sandblasting and rust welding. The floorpan is more or less done, transmission and engine is mounted back on and the wheels too.
Since the front suspension have been shortened 4″ i had to make som adjustment and modifications to get it back on.
After some testing and modifications, the chassis went to the paintshop and here are some photos of the day it was done.
As soon as i got back home i mounted it on the floorpan so i could get things running 🙂
Let’s get on with it, now is the fun part.
This is maybe the first picture i have of the bug “all done”. It’s not how it looks today but i was happy for it back then.
Though out the time a have had several rims all in different width. All from 4.5″ to what i hav now 8″
Here is som pictures of the wheels i have on mye bug right now. It’s 6″ in front and 8″ in the back. It’s the same backspacing as an original beetle wheel.
That’s how 8″ wheels should look like!
I’m pretty happy with the width in the front since i drive static i can’t have them any longer out with the size of tire i have now. 145/65×15″
I got my self some drop-plates this year so i could correct the toe-in.
Since everything else i new, why not upgrade to a new 1641cc with dual carburetors.
I am so happy how this turned out. Looks awesome and runs really good.
The car was at Elmia 2016 and here you have some pictures from it.